Getting Child Support Payments? Sign up for Direct Deposit!
Your payments go straight to your checking or savings account, safer and faster than a paper check.
Sign up for direct deposit, visit the State Disbursement Unit webpage.
Electronic Payment Card
Like a prepaid debit card, your support payments get added to the balance every month. Child Support EPCs are accepted anywhere that takes Mastercard.
Sign up for EPC, visit the State Disbursement Unit webpage.
To request versions of these forms accessible to persons with visual disabilities, make a note of the form name and request it on our accessibility webpage.
A child support services case can be opened by either parent, or a legal guardian, whether or not a child support court order exists. If you already have a court order, opening a case offers neutral assistance with every part of the process, keeps records, and helps both parties stay on track. If you do not have a case, applying for child support means your local child support agency will help you locate the other parent, establish legal paternity/parentage if required, get a court order and see that it is enforced in every state and many foreign countries. To start the process, you have several options:
1. Apply Online
- To apply for services, complete our online application (Mire en la esquina superior derecha para cambiar el formulario a español.)
- You will be taken to a secure website where you can enter all the information necessary to complete an application, which will then be automatically routed to the child support agency in your area.
- Please plan to take 30-45 minutes to complete all of the parts of the online application.
* The Upload Document feature is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
* Please note, persons currently receiving CalWORKS (government cash assistance/welfare) are automatically referred to their local child support agency for services. If you are a CalWORKS beneficiary and have questions about your case, please contact your local office.
2. Apply In Person
- To apply in person, download and complete an Application for Child Support Services Packet (found below).
- Then, return it to the child support agency in your area to be processed.
- Applications are also available on a walk-in basis at all county and regional child support offices.
As stated above, if you are receiving CalWORKS (government cash assistance/ welfare), you will automatically be referred to a child support office in your area.
Application for Child Support Services Packet
Self-Service “Application for Support Services” Packet
The following forms are included in the application packet:
- Participant Responsibility to Protect Confidential Information
- Notice of Child Support Services Program
- Simplified Application for Child Support Services
- Confidential Parentage Questionnaire
- Request for Support Services
- Family Violence Questionnaire Cover Letter
- Family Violence Questionnaire
- Visitation Verification
- Health Insurance Information
- Income and Expense Declaration
- Declaration of Support Payment History
- Instrucciones Con Respecto Al Uso De Formularios Judiciales Traducidos En Español
- Complaint Resolution – State Hearing Information