To make a payment online, you can use a credit or debit card, use PayPal, or pay directly from your checking or savings account. These payments are not processed by California Child Support – you will be taken to the California State Disbursement Unit (SDU) website.
Please note, while making a payment on our website, if the system gives you an error message after you click SUBMIT, please contact your credit card company to confirm that the payment did not go through prior to initiating another payment. We are experiencing system difficulties that can result in a duplicate payment. If you have made a duplicate payment in the past few days, please contact your case worker.
If you are using Safari as your web browser and wish to make a payment, please set your Preferences to allow cookies. The SDU website will not work properly if cookies are blocked.
Mac Desktop: Go to Settings, select Preferences and under Privacy, make sure “Block Cookies” is set to Never.
iPhone: select Settings and then Safari, and under Privacy & Security, set “Block Cookies” to Never.
Choose from the below two online payment options:
Option 1: Make a Payment as a Registered User
- To register, you will need your 13 or 15 digit Participant ID, your Social Security number and your contact information.
- Click the Paying Support button to be taken to the SDU website.
- Log in.
- Select “Make a Payment.”
- Follow the instructions to make a payment using your bank account.
Option 2: Make a Single Payment Without Registering
- Please note, you can make a payment online without registering on the website, but if you do register you can have a convenient record of your transactions.
- To make a payment without registering, you will need your 13 or 15 digit Participant ID number and your Social Security number.
- Click the Paying Support button to be taken to the SDU website, and select the “Pay Without Registering” option.
- Enter the requested information to make a payment using your bank account information or a credit or debit card.