Employers Quick Links
To request versions accessible to persons with visual disabilities, click here.
- Employer Income Withholding Form (IWO)
- National Medical Support Notice Form
- Health Insurance Information
- Health Insurance Assignment Form / Instructions
- Termination of Benefits
- Employee Status Report
- Employer Refund Request
- Please submit by fax, the submit button for this form is currently unavailable and the issue will be fixed soon.
New hire reporting is the process by which you report information on your newly-hired employees to the California Employment Development Department. New hire reports are matched against child support records at the state and national levels to locate parents who are not paying child support. All California employers must report all of their new or rehired employees working in California to the New Employee Registry within twenty (20) days of their start-of-work date. Any employee that is rehired after a separation of at least sixty (60) consecutive days must also be reported within twenty (20) days.
Report your new hires electronically by visiting: e-Services for Business
The following information must be reported:
- Employer’s legal business name, contact person name, address, phone number, California employer account number, and Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
- Employee’s full name, social security number, address, and start-of-work date.
For assistance, please contact the Employment Development Department, Taxpayer Assistance Center at 1-888-745-3886.
For more information, download the below New Hire Reporting Factsheet:
Employment Development Department (EDD) Information
EDD’s New Hire Reporting page provides information about the following topics: